Monday, January 19, 2015

Original Collection

Hi my blogger friends,

I'm here to share a card I made for the Karen Burniston monthly challenge.  This month Karen asked us to show ideas where we combine dies from at least 3 categories. Categories include: Accordions & Frame Edges, Pivot Cards, General Pop-ups, Pull Cards, Pop Stands, Edge dies, Characters & Props, Embossing Folders, and Accessory Dies. The Designer Challenge post with all of the team's ideas and a new card and video from Karen will be on the ECD blog on January 21, 2015.

I made my card with the Rectangle Pull Card #974, the Tag Pivot Card #973 and the Butterfly Accessory Set #773.









Here's How I Did It!!

I first decided that I wanted my finished card to be a 5" X 7" card so I cut my piece of Kraft Cardstock at 7", giving me a base of 7" X 11".  Next I scored the 11" side at 5.5" giving me a folded card size of 5.5" X 7".

 
Next I opened the card and placed it flat on the die cutting machine and lined up the die on the fold, for this card, I avoided the closure notch.  I use a Big Shot Pro so if you are using a standard size machine your card can be no taller than 6" but that will make a great card using this technique.
 
 
Now I have a Rectangle Pull Card which is great fun but I went a step further and added the Tag Pivot at this point.


I then opened the card so it was flat and then turned it over.  Then using the center point again, the crease, placed the Tag Pivot Die on the crease and cut again.


After making the second cut, fold the card the way it should have been originally and it looks like this.  Next cut each end of the card off at 2.5" from the center and it is a
5" X 7" card. 


Next I placed a decorative strip under the first layer to hide the difference in shapes.  Then, of course, trim the strip the same size as the card.  I then rounded the outside edges of the card and edged everything with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

At this point I'm ready to decorate.  I cut several of the smaller tags that came in the die set, edged them and then added some Remnant Rubs, twine, and brads. I also wanted to use the pop up feature of the Rectangle Pull card so added those at the top an bottom of the other tags.  When you open the card they pop up.  So Fun!!


 
To get the red edge on this tag I simply cut an extra one in red, cut it in half and added it to the tag.  I then added some butterflies.


A few more Remnant Rubs and some stars, it's done.

Have a wonderful week,
S@ndy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.