Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Compliments of the Season --

Hi everyone and welcome to day 2 of  Designer Challenge week.  Be sure to stop by the Elizabeth Craft Designs(ECD) blog tomorrow to see everything the team has put together as well as a new video from Karen Burniston.  All you need to do is click here.

NEWS FLASH!!
To coincide with the November Designer Challenge, every purchase made over $40 of Karen Burniston's Pop It Ups will receive a FREE $10 Gift Card. You will receive your Gift Card with your order in the mail and your Gift Card can be used on the Elizabeth Craft Designs website. This offer only applies to purchases made on our website between Tuesday 17th November and Thursday 19th November.
 
For my second card I decided to go with the triple pivot card technique shown in Karen's video here.  Karen used the Butterfly Pivot in the video andI used the Tag Pivot for mine.  To make the Tag Pivot a triple you will need to make a couple of extra snips.  I have shown that below for you.  I have linked all dies and current stamps below so simply click on them for more details.
 
Here is my card with "Compliments of the Season."


I used one of my favorite stamps on the front tag for this with the plucked turkey.  I have had this stamp in my collection for ages so, sorry, can't tell you about it.  I also used a stamp from the Merry & Bright set but separated it between the two small tags.  The letters are from ECD as well. 

 
For the front of the card I have added the All Season's Tree and leaves along with the new Basket
from the Props 7.



On the last tag which is also the back of the card when closed, I added a pumpkin that was made with three circles from the Ring Accordion Die - then inked and embossed.  For the tags and pumpkin that are colored I used the new 100# Soft Finish Card Stock from Elizabeth Craft Designs and I can't say enough good things about this paper.  It takes color so well and is so lovely to work with.  Blending colors on it is so easy.

And now as promised, here is how you can make the Tag Pivot into a triple.



OK here is where you snip.  I have added green over the cut portion of the card so it is easier for you to see.  Yours will be all the same color.  You are simply going to snip where it is attached (only on the small tags) - shown by the arrows.
 
 
Make valley and mountain folds - it should look like this.  Now decorate.
 
Go ahead! try it- it's fun and easy
Have a great week and don't forget to tune in tomorrow over at ECD Blog for the latest video.
 
 
 
 

 
  

3 comments:

  1. This is SO great Sandy! I love how the Tag Pivot looks as a double, and how you used the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome Sandy, love how you decorated the tag pivots

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you have shown this in action, its turned out fab x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.