Sunday, June 11, 2017

A Trip To The Beach

Hi my friends and welcome back, I have a cute little handmade gift box to share with you today.  A few weeks ago our WOW (wild ole' women) group met at Mary's house for our monthly crafting and lunch.  We always have a good time with good friends, a good lunch and good project.  This fun box was all made from scratch with directions and supplies from Mary's stash.  After I chose my paper, I decided that it looked like bubbles so went with the ocean theme using these great dies from the Joset Designs collection from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

 
After completing the box construction, with lots of guidance from Mary,  Stickles was added to the folded edges giving it a great twinkle.  I used the Circles die from ECD to create the bubbles with Shimmer Sheetz.  Simmer Sheets are made of mylar and come in many great colors.  I have added links to all products used below if you want to click and shop.  The Turtle die was cut & colored and added to the front using foam tape to give dimension.  A brad was added for the eye.


This box is perfect to use as a gift box or, as I did, a diorama.  If  you are interested in the directions for the construction of the box, please email me and I will happily send you the file with written instructions.   The overall dimensions are  4.25" wide X 5.5" tall and when closed, about an inch thick.  It is held closed with ribbon.


On the inside of the box I continued with more bubbles, shells, seaweed and seahorse to finish it off.

This reminds me of a warm summer day at the shore.  Hope you have enjoyed.
Don't forget to do something that makes you happy, for me it's crafting.
 
Click on any of the links below to shop:

2 comments:

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.